Child Student  Visa

This visa allows international students aged between 4 and 17 to study at an independent day or boarding school in the UK. If you are 18 year or over you shall apply for a Student visa instead. Prospective students must have an offer of a place from a licensed child student sponsor  and have the consent of their parent or guardian. The applicants must also have sufficient funds to cover the course fees and living costs in the UK.

If you are a national of the EU, Switzerland, Norway, Iceland or Liechtenstein and have applied to remain in the UK via the EU Settlement Scheme, you do not require a Child Student visa to study in the UK. Otherwise, you need visa to study in the UK.

Our solicitors can help with advising on the relevant visa requirements, completing the application form, reviewing necessary documents and other supporting evidence, and accompanying the process until your Child Student visa is issued.  

If your Child Student visa application has been refused you do not normally have a right to appeal the decision. Depending on your particular circumstances, you might be able to challenge the UK Visas and Immigration’s decision or to make a new visa application.  

If you decide to reapply, you shall address in the new visa application all reasons for your refusal, providing all missing information and relevant supporting evidence. If you choose to challenge the decision maker’s refusal of your visa, you may be able to make an application for Administrative Review if a mistake was made by the decision maker when issuing your visa refusal. 

Get in touch with our team today

and one of our solicitors will contact you to discuss your visa support requirements